Georgia Drag Racing News

Information about Georgia drag racing history, personalities, activities and events from GeorgiaDragRacing.com.

Friday, October 26, 2007

Billy Holt Passes at the Age of 76

I just received a phone call from Greg Holt and with a heavy heart I need to pass along that Billy Holt (the Alabamian) passed away Thursday night (October 25) at the age of 76. Billy had several health problems that he battled for many years.

Years ago I watched his cars on the track and several years ago we became friends. A nicer man you would never meet. My wife and I will miss him greatly. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of Mr. Holt.

Billy Holt is a member of the East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and the Old Drag Racers Hall of Fame.


Billy Holt's Alabamian photo album.

Visitation will be Saturday, October 27, 2007 From 6-9 PM at Spry Funeral Home (Athens, Alabama).

Funeral service will be Sunday, October 28, 2007 @ 2 PM at Spry Funeral Home Chapel with Bud White officiating.

Obituary


R.I.P. Billy Holt
1931-2007