Georgia Drag Racing News

Information about Georgia drag racing history, personalities, activities and events from GeorgiaDragRacing.com.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Ron Capps Speaks Out About NHRA Fine

DON SCHUMACHER RACING
Contact: Judy Stropus

MAY 10, 2006: STATEMENT FROM NHRA FUNNY CAR POINTS LEADER RON CAPPS REGARDING NHRA'S IMPOSITION OF A $10,000 FINE FOR A "PRIVATE" INCIDENT AT ATLANTA DRAGWAY ON MAY 6

"I am disappointed that the incident at Atlanta Dragway on Saturday between me and my teammate Whit Bazemore has received so much attention. It was a personal matter between us, which should not have gone public, and I believe it should have been dealt with privately between us and the team owner.

"I regret the incident, and I am surprised by the severity of the fine for something that did not occur on camera or in the sight-line of any fans or officials and in the privacy of the Don Schumacher Racing pit area."