Georgia Drag Racing News

Information about Georgia drag racing history, personalities, activities and events from GeorgiaDragRacing.com.

Friday, November 26, 2004

GeorgiaDragRacing.com Website Updated

Several new things have been added to GeorgiaDragRacing.com over the last several days.

Ronnie Stewart told David more about The Old Reliable 1955 Chevy shown in photo GDR-00093.

We'd like to thank Tom & Ruth Kasch for submitting the two photos at GDR-00418 and GDR-00419.

Thanks, also, to Wade Lowe for photos GDR-00420 and GDR-00421.

Marvin T. Smith submitted a review of Scott Caudill's Dragstock Video and a review of GMP's Ohio George Mustang Gasser diecast collectible.

David Dilbeck submitted a review of Mike Mueller's new book, The Garlits Collection: Cars That Made Drag Racing History.

We hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving Day holiday.

Update: 6:42 am, November 28, 2004 -- I originally posted this message on Friday evening and everything was working just fine. Then, I checked in on Saturday and all the updates were gone! I don't know what happened. So, I posted the "Website Weirdness" message, which I just deleted.

I just finished re-uploading all the changes I've made to the site since November 6, 2004, and it looks like everything's working okay, now. I'll wait until tomorrow to see if it's really still there before I rest comfortably.

We've also been having some inconsistencies with the news feed from the Georgia Drag Racing News Blog. Sometimes it shows up on GeorgiaDragRacing.com and other times it doesn't. I don't know if this is a problem with intermittent breaks in the connection between GeorgiaDragRacing.com and the other two sites involved in processing and distributing the feed, or a problem with the script. I'm still trying to isolate and correct it.

If you find that you can't see the headlines on GDR or if you can't see the news on the GDR News page, you can always come to the actual home of the Georgia Drag Racing News Blog and read it directly.

Update: 6:55 am , November 29, 2004 -- This is getting to be really strange. Yesterday's update is gone.

I just re-uploaded all the changes, again, and everything seems to be working now. sigh...

JD