Georgia Drag Racing News

Information about Georgia drag racing history, personalities, activities and events from GeorgiaDragRacing.com.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Richard Knowles Succumbs to Injuries

It is with great sadness that I have to inform our SEMDRA family and the motorcycle drag racing community that we have lost one of our own.

Richard Knowles passed away yesterday, June 27, of head injuries suffered June 18 when his helmet came off in a finish line crash.

Please keep Richard's family in your prayers.

I will let you know when I know more about the funeral arrangements.
His son, Chris, also let me know that his organs have been donated. God bless him!
See www.semdra.org for more information on donations.

I also wanted to add how much Richard will be missed by all his friends and customers. He was always willing to lend a helping hand to anyone who needed it. He helped many people get into the sport he loved.

As a side note, Richard had been helping Hector Arana the past few races and was very proud to tell me all about it in Albany at the May race. Well, Hector qualified for the 1st time in 5 years last weekend in St Louis...Richard I'm sure was very proud.

One last comment, Richard took the win light on his last pass down the track...so let's all remember him for the winner in life that he was!

Jackie Bryce

Courtesy Jerry Battle