Georgia Drag Racing News

Information about Georgia drag racing history, personalities, activities and events from GeorgiaDragRacing.com.

Monday, September 06, 2004

Driver Needs a Ride

My name is Brian Rakestraw, and I am ready to be in the drivers seat.

Date of Birth: Nov.26,1976
Owners: Need One
Class: NHRA-Super Pro, Dragsters, Sportsmen, Dragbikes
Racecar: Need One
Career Event Wins/Final Rounds: 30/40
Best ET: .497
Best Speed: 142
Championships: 0- still in the making
Email Address: rakestraw251@bellsouth.net

I started racing when I was 13 years old. Believe it or not-I actually won my first race when I was 13 and have won many more since then. I was 13 and loving it and now at the age of almost 28, I still love drag racing.

I consider myself to be a very skilled drag racer. The reason for me saying that, is from all the years of watching, listening, learning, and driving-I've taken in a lot of knowledge and there is still room for more. Also, for the fact that I can drive/ride anything that you put me in/on.

When I'm at the track-I have one thing and one thing only on my mind and that's RACING. I am completely focused and tuned in to what's going on, what needs to be done, and what I need to do as a driver and team player. I am there to have fun and to win. If I don't win, at least I know I gave it my all, put my whole heart into it, and had fun. That's what counts.

I have been 4.90s in a dragster and absolutely loved it ( The adrenaline rush I got and still get every time I'm ready to go down the track). There really are no words to describe the feeling I get in the burnouts with the smell of tires burning, at the tree waiting to go, and finally just going. The only word I can think of is heaven. I'm in heaven..

At the Montgomery Motorsports, there was a 10 thousand dollar race going on. I put out the best - Scotty Richardson - and got all the way down to 4 cars. The feeling that I had and the respect that I gained as a driver, and a person, made me feel like a winner even though I lost. To me, I didn't lose, I won. That says a lot.

I live in a small town just outside of Atlanta, Ga- with my loving wife and our 3 wonderful children- who would love nothing more to see me be in the drivers seat again. My family and I are willing to travel ( and relocate if necessary ). Whatever it takes to get me in the drivers seat and going down the track.